on 25th july 8.30 am pst, i will be speaking on “standardized sql installations – script review & demo)” @ sqlsaturday, sacramento!!, if you are in the area i hope to see you…
pass sqlsaturday’s are free 1-day training events for sql server professionals that focus on local speakers, providing a variety of high-quality technical sessions, and making it all happen through the efforts of volunteers and sponsors. whether you’re attending a sqlsaturday or thinking about hosting your own, i think you’ll find it’s a great way to spend a saturday – or any day.
this session is mostly demo-focused. i will cover prerequisites for scripts and show how to do multiple sql server installations using scripts and demonstrate how to streamline sql server implementations. check the presentation above for describing process…
you’ll take-away script to install different versions of sql server on supported os systems. this script allows anyone in it to install sql systems with best practices baked into it which ensure all sql installation can be streamlined.
you’ll see powershell scripts where a single line script can install any of these combinations:
• windows 2008r2/2012/2012r2
• sql 2014/2012/2008r2 (enterprise/standard/developer editions)
• implement best practices and configuration based on available resources for dedicated sql server environments
you’ll learn how to:
• install different versions of sql server on supported os systems, and receive the scripts to do so
• install sql server systems following best practices
• ensure consistent sql server support environments help improve dba productivity and reduce production issues
• easily add new sql server configurations to support new applications and new versions of sql servers
• identify support situations where different types of applications need dedicated sql servers